State Street Townhouse by Ben Hansen
Designed by Christine and Ben Hansen, this contemporary townhouse is located in Brooklyn, New York, United States.
Description by Ben Hansen
From the facade to the building‚ State Street townhouse is indisputably modern‚ however it is contemporary appearance does not detract from its Brooklyn roots. Architects and homeowners Christine and Ben Hansen intended the townhouse to be integral to its urban context as well as a conversation between the old and the new.
Keeping in mind that the millennial family tends to congregate in the kitchen rather than the parlor, the Hansen’s designed the State Street property to emanate from this room. The custom kitchen, complete with Flavor Paper wallpaper, feels traditionally modern while retaining a bit of Brooklyn grit. Upstairs, The couple‚ and their three children share two bedrooms with a connecting Jack and Jill bathroom, creating a fun open plan to contain them for years to come. The bedroom level is filled with natural light from huge steel windows, and leads up to a scenic green roof that stores rainwater and nourishes the garden. The backyard, with its pair of swings, sandbox and BBQ, completes this idyllic Brooklyn townhouse.
Photography by Francis Dzikowski
- Loft in London by David Phillips
- House Z by Closer Architects
- Barton Hills Residence by Brett Grinkmeyer Architecture
- Private Residence by Duet Design Group
- House JRV2 by Studio de.materia
- Cloy Ave Residence by Mayes Office
- Banyan Tree Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- House in Ourém by Filipe Saraiva – Arquitectos
- House in Guidonia Montecelio by Studio ArchSIDE
- JD2 House by Carney Logan Burke Architects