State Street Townhouse by Ben Hansen
Designed by Christine and Ben Hansen, this contemporary townhouse is located in Brooklyn, New York, United States.
Description by Ben Hansen
From the facade to the building‚ State Street townhouse is indisputably modern‚ however it is contemporary appearance does not detract from its Brooklyn roots. Architects and homeowners Christine and Ben Hansen intended the townhouse to be integral to its urban context as well as a conversation between the old and the new.
Keeping in mind that the millennial family tends to congregate in the kitchen rather than the parlor, the Hansen’s designed the State Street property to emanate from this room. The custom kitchen, complete with Flavor Paper wallpaper, feels traditionally modern while retaining a bit of Brooklyn grit. Upstairs, The couple‚ and their three children share two bedrooms with a connecting Jack and Jill bathroom, creating a fun open plan to contain them for years to come. The bedroom level is filled with natural light from huge steel windows, and leads up to a scenic green roof that stores rainwater and nourishes the garden. The backyard, with its pair of swings, sandbox and BBQ, completes this idyllic Brooklyn townhouse.
Photography by Francis Dzikowski
- Ski Home in Park City by Phillips Development
- Private House by Mario Mazzer
- Home in Eltham North by Crib Creative
- House in LA by Fran Silvestre
- Home in Mutiny Bay by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
- RSC House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- Sophia Apartment by Blackhaus
- MLA House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- Villa Boscana in Spain
- JKO House by Jacobsen Arquitetura