Lobos Views by Studio Schicketanz
Modern seaside residence located in Carmel-By-The-Sea, California, designed by Studio Schicketanz.
Description by Studio Schicketanz
The selected site was steep and oriented east/west towards other development. In order to take advantage of the view to the north and the solar exposure to the south we terraced the site and created a base for a cantilevered living space which is now takes advantage of the spectacular view of the Bay and Point Lobos to the north. By recessing more than half of the created square footage into the hillside we also created flat, usable yard space. The remaining roofs are all planted to mitigate the visual impact of the structure for all who look down on it from above.
Photography by Robert Canfield
- House in Houston by StudioMET Architects
- Gothic Cottage by Daniel Contelmo Architects
- Country Contemporary by Amber Hodgins Design
- McAlpin Loft by Ryan Duebber Architect
- Midcentury Modern by Mathison | Mathison Architects
- Ivanhoe House by Kavellaris Urban Design
- Serra Retreat by Saffron Case Homes
- Veranda House by Danna Segal Lerner
- Union Bay Residence by NB Design Group
- Bali Inspired House by Calvis Wyant Luxury Homes