Joly House by Stu/D/O Architects
Designed by Stu/D/O Architects, this 8,073 sq ft contemporary house is situated in Bangkok, Thailand.
Description by Stu/D/O Architects
This three-story house for a family of four has a footprint of 250 square meters (2,691 square feet) and a height of 11 meters (36 feet). It is located on the street corner in one of the most exquisite and densely populated residential areas of Bangkok.
Built with reinforced concrete and a partial steel frame, the project’s exterior is comprised of wood louver panels and exposed concrete.
The retractable wood louvers on the third floor are designed using the analysis of the wind walls and shading device diagrams and can be adjusted for variations in the incident angle of sunlight (see diagram).
Combined with the wood louvers on the third floor, the glass louvers on the second floor surrounding the swimming pool courtyard help create an ambience of privacy for this corner house.
The architects employed several tactics to bring ample natural light into the fully packed functional areas: bathrooms and living spaces are exposed to small courtyards while the swimming pool on the second floor has a glass bottom to allow natural light to permeate to the entrance and parking spaces.
Photography by Krisada Boonchaleow and Chanin Limapornvanich
Products You May Like
- House in Dolev by 1:1 One To One Design Studio
- The Pianist’s Home by XS Studio
- Private House in Costa Rica by Mare Design Center
- South Yarra Apartments by AM Architecture
- Casa Vista al Lago by Grupo Arquitectura
- Jazz Up Residence by SWG Studio
- Camden by Brandon Architects
- Villa Cesis by Schüco Sverige
- Ranger Ridge by Giulietti Schouten Architects
- Duplex Apartment by Pitsou Kedem Architects