Townhouse in Brooklyn by Ensemble Architecture
Located in Brooklyn, New York, this townhouse was recently completely redesigned by Ensemble Architecture.
Description by Ensemble Architecture
The Cumberland Townhouse is located on a park block in the neighborhood of Fort Greene in Brooklyn, NY. The house was in a dilapidated state when the owner’s purchased the building; the rear wall was falling down and water had been entering the building for several years.
The house was completely transformed with a new rear wall and a two-story addition at the rear of the house. The addition is open to the living room above and is connected through interior steel and glass windows that mimic the two-story, exterior windows. The doors at the garden open completely to create a seamless connection between the kitchen / dining level and the garden. Vines are planted in recessed planters along the 2 story party walls in the dining room–the room was designed with the idea of being an indoor-outdoor space where the garden melds with the interior spaces. The vines will cover the double-story party walls and will add an organic quality to all of the spaces that the dining room connects. The top of the addition is a private master bedroom balcony.
- Crescent Drive Home by Ehrlich Yanai Rhee Chaney Architects
- House in West Hollywood by BAR Design + Construction
- Alamo Square Residence by Hulburd Design
- Slopeside Americana by The Varda Group
- Home in Pacific Palisades by Waconah Construction
- Berkshire Residence by MATHISON | MATHISON ARCHITECTS
- Underhill Residence by Bates Masi Architects
- Aspen Apartment by Ambidestro
- Residence in Windsor by Brininstool + Lynch
- Ascaya Residence by SB Architects