Townhouse in Brooklyn by Ensemble Architecture
Located in Brooklyn, New York, this townhouse was recently completely redesigned by Ensemble Architecture.
Description by Ensemble Architecture
The Cumberland Townhouse is located on a park block in the neighborhood of Fort Greene in Brooklyn, NY. The house was in a dilapidated state when the owner’s purchased the building; the rear wall was falling down and water had been entering the building for several years.
The house was completely transformed with a new rear wall and a two-story addition at the rear of the house. The addition is open to the living room above and is connected through interior steel and glass windows that mimic the two-story, exterior windows. The doors at the garden open completely to create a seamless connection between the kitchen / dining level and the garden. Vines are planted in recessed planters along the 2 story party walls in the dining room–the room was designed with the idea of being an indoor-outdoor space where the garden melds with the interior spaces. The vines will cover the double-story party walls and will add an organic quality to all of the spaces that the dining room connects. The top of the addition is a private master bedroom balcony.
- Peak Lookout Residence by Clark Richardson Architects
- House in South Lamar by JGB Custom Homes
- Highland Park Residence by Beth Dotolo
- Ranch House by ORR Design Office
- Craftsman Home by Threshold Interiors
- Eugene Residence by Jordan Iverson Signature Homes
- Royal Palms by Meridith Baer Home
- Nature’s Gate by Swan Architecture
- House in Malibu by Burdge & Associates
- Grand Avenue Home by Matthew Coates