Kooyong Apartment by Wowowa
Designed in 2015 by Wowowa, this amazing colorful apartment is located in Glenferrie, Melbourne, Australia.
Description by Wowowa
Only a cross-court back-handed winner fit out would do for this early 80s glamour with a late 70s hangover robust apartment block a short lob away from Australia’s spiritual home of Tennis. The bougie suburb of Glenferrie is home to many retirees looking to age-in-place and this spacious gem provided just that opportunity. Removing walls and re-orientating the main kitchen, living, dining space opened up the home and allowed for the additional functionality of a second study nook and a generous “V” shaped island that acts as an informal table. Wanting to celebrate the existing colours of the building, the joinery features beautiful orange blue gum and becomes a backdrop for the joyously colourful array of furniture and fancy Loom rug. WOWOWA’s own copper ‘Rosella’ pendants continue this royal tennis dream. Game, set, match.
Photography by Martina Gemmola
- Goor Apartment by Or Kochav
- Home in Taiwan by MORI Design
- Home in Sydney by Mary Ellen Hudson Architects
- Kew Residence by Adie Courtney
- The Tannery Apartment in Clifton Hill
- Contemporary House in Northcote by Ola Studio
- Studio Apartment in Moscow by KDVA Architects
- MK2 House by Canny Design
- Attic Apartment by INDECORATE
- Loft in Montreal by Manon Bélanger