Torquay Concrete House by Auhaus Architecture
Designed in 2015 by Auhaus Architecture, this contemporary concrete residence is located in Torquay, Australia.
Description by Auhaus Architecture
This project was a new 4 bedroom house on the Victorian surf coast. Backing onto wetlands and golf course but tightly hemmed in on both sides, this concrete house has been designed as a walled sanctuary, opening up onto itself – an internalised habitat with locally planted roof gardens and curated glimpses onto the wetlands. A portal opening in the concrete facade conceals a secluded courtyard leading to the glazed front door. Upon entry, the house opens up into double height gallery space, glazed on one side to reveal the plan which wraps around a large, protected north facing courtyard. Fine timber battening and brass detailing throughout provide patterning and warmth.
- Contemporary House in Attadale by Imperial Homes
- Moving House by Architects EAT
- Monterrey Modern by Surber Barber Choate + Hertlein Architects
- Apartment EP by Manca Studio
- Oksaflat by ART-UGOL
- House in Savyon by Dror Barda Architects
- Apartment in Foshan by C&C Design Group
- Casa GSL by Leandro Matsuda
- Casa Primera by Octava Arquitectura
- O Cuatro Residence by Migdal Arquitectos