Torquay Concrete House by Auhaus Architecture
Designed in 2015 by Auhaus Architecture, this contemporary concrete residence is located in Torquay, Australia.
Description by Auhaus Architecture
This project was a new 4 bedroom house on the Victorian surf coast. Backing onto wetlands and golf course but tightly hemmed in on both sides, this concrete house has been designed as a walled sanctuary, opening up onto itself – an internalised habitat with locally planted roof gardens and curated glimpses onto the wetlands. A portal opening in the concrete facade conceals a secluded courtyard leading to the glazed front door. Upon entry, the house opens up into double height gallery space, glazed on one side to reveal the plan which wraps around a large, protected north facing courtyard. Fine timber battening and brass detailing throughout provide patterning and warmth.
- Home in Sydney by Mary Ellen Hudson Architects
- Kew Residence by Adie Courtney
- The Tannery Apartment in Clifton Hill
- Dormer House by post Architecture
- Contemporary House in Northcote by Ola Studio
- Office Space by Atelier Pro Architects
- Studio Apartment in Moscow by KDVA Architects
- MK2 House by Canny Design
- House in Savyon by Dan & Hila Israelevitz Architects
- Attic Apartment by INDECORATE