Torquay Concrete House by Auhaus Architecture
Designed in 2015 by Auhaus Architecture, this contemporary concrete residence is located in Torquay, Australia.
Description by Auhaus Architecture
This project was a new 4 bedroom house on the Victorian surf coast. Backing onto wetlands and golf course but tightly hemmed in on both sides, this concrete house has been designed as a walled sanctuary, opening up onto itself – an internalised habitat with locally planted roof gardens and curated glimpses onto the wetlands. A portal opening in the concrete facade conceals a secluded courtyard leading to the glazed front door. Upon entry, the house opens up into double height gallery space, glazed on one side to reveal the plan which wraps around a large, protected north facing courtyard. Fine timber battening and brass detailing throughout provide patterning and warmth.
Products You May Like
- Rozelle by COSO Architecture
- Marine Parade by Western Select Products
- Mylla Cabin by Mork Ulnes Architects
- Belgica House by Amz Arquitetos
- Cottage by Guy Hollaway Architects
- Rose House by JRSconsult Architects + Engineers
- Townhouse Extension by Parasite Studio
- G2-House by Architect Show
- Future Contemporary by Studio In2
- House Redesign by Stuart Osman Building Designs