Lake Retreat by Albertsson Hansen Architecture
Located in Wisconsin, United States, this lake house was designed in 2015 by Albertsson Hansen Architecture.
Description by Albertsson Hansen Architecture
A cabin in Western Wisconsin is transformed from within to become a serene and modern retreat. In a past life, this cabin was a fishing cottage which was part of a resort built in the 1920’s on a small lake not far from the Twin Cities. The cabin has had multiple additions over the years so improving flow to the outdoor space, creating a family friendly kitchen, and relocating a bigger master bedroom on the lake side were priorities. The solution was to bring the kitchen from the back of the cabin up to the front, reduce the size of an overly large bedroom in the back in order to create a more generous front entry way/mudroom adjacent to the kitchen, and add a fireplace in the center of the main floor.
Photography by Wing Ta
Products You May Like
- Lune de Sang Pavilion by Chrofi
- Modern Private Residence by Rockwell Interiors
- Nido Cabin by Mr. Falck Studio
- Modern Barn Conversion by Water Mill by Plum Builders
- Palm Springs Home by Engberg Design & Development
- Woodpecker Ranch by Feldman Architecture
- Appleton Way by Peters Architecture
- San Mateo Park Home by The Sharp Group
- Writer's Shed by Matt Gibson Architecture + Design
- Pine Tree North by Brodson Construction