Purcells Cove House by Omar Gandhi Architect
Designed in 2015 by Omar Gandhi Architect, this contemporary three-storey house is situated in Purcells Cove, Halifax, Canada.
Description by Omar Gandhi Architect
The home is a beacon high atop the hillside.
Set atop one of the highest sea-side plateaus in the Halifax area, the residence has clear views of both point pleasant park and the open water.
Formally, the home twists and turns towards the two critical views, providing unique views from within different zones of the home.
The l-shaped scheme creates an internal court and driveway approach, as well as a variety of stunning views of itself in the foreground of the long and wide view.
A central core of staircases clad in walnut plywood twist and turn in response to the large volumes.
The interior palette of traditional mid-century modern materials, including, walnut, birch, white lacquer and concrete provide an internal warmth to the more rigid exterior formal language.
The program of the home is composed of three levels, the bottom for entry and storage, the middle for sleeping and the top for daily living and family activity.
Photography by Doublespace Photography and Omar Gandhi – Jeff Shaw
Products You May Like
- Contemporary Home by Kata Koppany
- Glass and Stone Oasis by Merle
- Familny Apartment by Za-Za Interior Design
- Opposite House by Rzlbd
- PURO Kraków Kazimierz by Conran and Partners
- Mountain House by Gangoly & Kristiner Architekten
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue Y Seta
- Container House by Matt Mcleod
- Mullet House by RUFproject
- Line Graph House by Zubu Design Associates