Contemporary Chalet by Rudolf Perathoner Architect
This spectacular chalet situated in Selva di Val Gardena, Italy, was designed in 2016 by Rudolf Perathoner Architect.
Description by Rudolf Perathoner Architect
In Selva of Val Gardena at an altitude of 1563 meter, at the foot of the impressive natural landscape of the UNESCO World Heritage Dolomites, the studio Perathoner Architects designed a house in a peculiar architectural style. It is located in the middle of a unique landscape and offers an exceptional view of the Sella massif.
The entire building has a modernist architecture with clean lines, but also carries echoes of architectural traditions like the use of local materials such as stone and wood. The main goal of the project was to merge the building with the surrounding natural alpine landscape.
The steepness of the terrain suggested extending the building over four floors with the first two levels partly below grade. The house presents a smaller front on the north side, while the main front faces the south side featuring large windows overlooking the beautiful mountains. The building offers three separate living units and a large garage with a car lift that provides access to an underground parking space. The preferred space of the house is the attic with floor-to-ceiling windows for a striking view of the landscape.
The house was constructed according to high energy efficiency standards in full compliance with regulations of environmental sustainability of the materials used and earned a Nature Climatehouse certification.
Photography courtesy of Rudolf Perathoner Architect
- TinkerBox by Studio MM Architect
- Ferry Road House by Blaze Makoid Architecture
- Waltham Jewel by Melbourne Design Studios
- Avocado Acres House by LLoyd Russell
- Marthas Cove 01 by Dan Webster Architecture
- Doheny Modern by Meridith Baer Home
- Crisp House by Robert Nichol & Sons
- Noe Valley House by IwamotoScott Architecture
- Merilyn House by The Little Brick Studio
- ACP House by Candida Tabet Arquitetura