Green West House by Source Architects
This modern single family house located in Orange, Australia, was designed in 2016 by Source Architects.
Description by Source Architects
The Green West house project is a substantial rework and update of an early 1980’s home in Orange, NSW. The existing house was dark with slate floors and expanses of internal face brick. The clients’ brief was to create a light, contemporary home for their retirement. Source Architects opened up the living spaces through strategic wall removal and restructured the living, dining, kitchen and master bedroom zones. The project employs a neutral warm pallet of materials offset by striking angular steel and timber joinery elements that divide the space.
Whilst the rooms stayed in the same location and was completed within the existing framework the project consisted of reconfiguration of the kitchen and includes a new study nook, new finishes and fixtures in ensuite and bathroom, custom joinery in laundry, dining, lounge and seating/library room.
It also included new lighting, floor and wall finishes throughout, and owners had existing couches and chairs that were reupholstered to match the selected finishes of the house.
Photography courtesy of Source Architects
Products You May Like
- Courtyard House by Architecture Paradigm
- Casa D by Pauhof Architekten
- Mamaroneck House by SPG Architects
- Treeside Residence by Faulkner Architects
- Beniowskiego Apartment by Raca Architekci
- Mount Martha Residence by Clancy Constructions
- House in Japan by Hiraoka Architects
- LA Midcentury Home by Alexander Gorlin Architects
- Doorzien House by Bijl Architecture
- Apartment in Grosseto by Fabio Bonazia