House D by Dietrich / Untertrifaller Architekten
Located in the Austrian town of Bregenz, this contemporary private house was designed in 2016 by Dietrich / Untertrifaller Architekten.
Description by Dietrich / Untertrifaller Architekten
Located on a mountain overlooking Bregenz, House D′s open floorplans and generous glazing allow for magnificent views over the surrounding countryside and Lake Constance. The home is stratified into 3 stories, with the Entrée and utilities located on the first floor, guest and children′s rooms on the second, and Master bedroom and an open layout kitchen+dining+living room on the third. In order to strengthen the connection to the natural environment, the third floor also boasts a patio which wraps around the entirety of the building.
The geometric form of the home, combined with the architect′s decision to construct with concrete and wood, create a powerful building that seems to blend into the surrounding landscape. Furthermore, the attention to detail highlights the craftsmanship for which this region of Austria has become famous.
Photography by Bruno Klomfar
Products You May Like
- Inspiring Apartment by Bellas Artes
- Chesapeake Bay Home by ZEN Associates
- Casa Tona by Meritxell Ribe - The Room Studio
- Apartment in Shanghai by Topos Design Clans
- Woodpecker Ranch by Feldman Architecture
- Dublin House by Love Interiors
- Ivanhoe Extension by Modscape
- White Gum House by Lydia Maskiell Interiors
- San Mateo Park Home by The Sharp Group
- Valley Villa by Studio Arches