House D by Dietrich / Untertrifaller Architekten
Located in the Austrian town of Bregenz, this contemporary private house was designed in 2016 by Dietrich / Untertrifaller Architekten.
Description by Dietrich / Untertrifaller Architekten
Located on a mountain overlooking Bregenz, House D′s open floorplans and generous glazing allow for magnificent views over the surrounding countryside and Lake Constance. The home is stratified into 3 stories, with the Entrée and utilities located on the first floor, guest and children′s rooms on the second, and Master bedroom and an open layout kitchen+dining+living room on the third. In order to strengthen the connection to the natural environment, the third floor also boasts a patio which wraps around the entirety of the building.
The geometric form of the home, combined with the architect′s decision to construct with concrete and wood, create a powerful building that seems to blend into the surrounding landscape. Furthermore, the attention to detail highlights the craftsmanship for which this region of Austria has become famous.
Photography by Bruno Klomfar
- Apartment in Curitiba by Belotto Scopel Tanaka Arquitetura
- 505 2nd Street Apartment by Ash NYC
- RSA Residence by Purple Studio
- Skýli Cabin by Utopia
- Private House by Lilian Benshoam
- Loft in London by David Phillips
- House Z by Closer Architects
- House JRV2 by Studio de.materia
- Cloy Ave Residence by Mayes Office
- Banyan Tree Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman