House D by Dietrich / Untertrifaller Architekten
Located in the Austrian town of Bregenz, this contemporary private house was designed in 2016 by Dietrich / Untertrifaller Architekten.
Description by Dietrich / Untertrifaller Architekten
Located on a mountain overlooking Bregenz, House D′s open floorplans and generous glazing allow for magnificent views over the surrounding countryside and Lake Constance. The home is stratified into 3 stories, with the Entrée and utilities located on the first floor, guest and children′s rooms on the second, and Master bedroom and an open layout kitchen+dining+living room on the third. In order to strengthen the connection to the natural environment, the third floor also boasts a patio which wraps around the entirety of the building.
The geometric form of the home, combined with the architect′s decision to construct with concrete and wood, create a powerful building that seems to blend into the surrounding landscape. Furthermore, the attention to detail highlights the craftsmanship for which this region of Austria has become famous.
Photography by Bruno Klomfar
- Interior for a Young Family by Diff.Studio
- North Bay Road Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- Bilateral House by Commute Design
- Sticks and Stones Home by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Waterfront Elegance by DKOR Interiors
- Home in Henderson by Blue Heron Design-Build
- Brentwood Residence by Studio William Hefner
- Palm Beach South by Woods & Warner
- Neveah Home by OBM International
- Belvedere by Glenvill Homes