Peninsula Residence by SJB
Situated in Melbourne, Australia, this midcentury single family residence was designed in 2016 by SJB.
Description by SJB
Designed to be tough… A bold reimagining honouring the history and integrity of the original home yet placing it firmly within contemporary 21st century design. A large glass pavilion houses the stunning new Master suite and multiple floor levels address the natural fall of the landscape. Tough materials like cedar, steel, glass, natural stone and concrete are featured in unrestrained sophistication.
Colour blazes forth unapologetically; glossy red echoes brazenly from kitchen to powderoom and the enclosed internal stairwell which leads to the roof terrace. Burnt oranges, vivid greens and moody blues elevate quiet spaces and pair perfectly alongside contemporary furnishings.
The result is a space that is certainly bold and unrestrained – yet more importantly it’s liveable, tactile and comforting. Peninsula Residence was designed by Andrew Parr, director SJB Interiors.
Photography by Nicole England
- Casa GSL by Leandro Matsuda
- Casa Primera by Octava Arquitectura
- O Cuatro Residence by Migdal Arquitectos
- Private Residence in Yallanbee
- Countryside Lane by BOSS Architecture
- Long Island Residence by Shmuel D Flaum
- Villa in Ramat Gan by Dror Barda
- House in Hangzhou by Wanjing Studio
- The Matrix by Ben Trager Homes
- House in Blairgowrie by Vistalab