Holiday House in Cap Ferret by Atelier Du Pont
This contemporary holiday home situated in Cap Ferret, France, was designed in 2016 by Atelier Du Pont.
Description by Atelier Du Pont
This project was designed to limit its own impact on the existing green space. As in the rest of the peninsula of Cap Ferret, the terrain that slopes gently down towards the sea is covered with a small pine grove of strawberry trees, palm trees, and pine trees typical of the region. The house was designed to exist in harmony with the landscape. In recalling a wood cabin, it emphasizes the visual openings that further heighten this sense of the surrounding natural environment.
The house’s location limits its impact on the site and preserves the existing trees.
The slanted roofs lighten the building’s silhouette and limit its impact; without gutters, the pine needles and falling leaves are free to slide down the surface of the roof. The facade uses mostly wood to mimic the pine grove that shelters it while also maintaining glass openings onto the natural environment to generate reflections and a sense of porousness.
Photography courtesy of Atelier Du Pont
Products You May Like
- Contemporary Home by Kata Koppany
- Glass and Stone Oasis by Merle
- Familny Apartment by Za-Za Interior Design
- PURO Kraków Kazimierz by Conran and Partners
- Mountain House by Gangoly & Kristiner Architekten
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue Y Seta
- Container House by Matt Mcleod
- Line Graph House by Zubu Design Associates
- Portola Valley Barn by Walker Warner Architects
- Apartment in Israel by Dana Shaked