Holiday House in Cap Ferret by Atelier Du Pont
This contemporary holiday home situated in Cap Ferret, France, was designed in 2016 by Atelier Du Pont.
Description by Atelier Du Pont
This project was designed to limit its own impact on the existing green space. As in the rest of the peninsula of Cap Ferret, the terrain that slopes gently down towards the sea is covered with a small pine grove of strawberry trees, palm trees, and pine trees typical of the region. The house was designed to exist in harmony with the landscape. In recalling a wood cabin, it emphasizes the visual openings that further heighten this sense of the surrounding natural environment.
The house’s location limits its impact on the site and preserves the existing trees.
The slanted roofs lighten the building’s silhouette and limit its impact; without gutters, the pine needles and falling leaves are free to slide down the surface of the roof. The facade uses mostly wood to mimic the pine grove that shelters it while also maintaining glass openings onto the natural environment to generate reflections and a sense of porousness.
Photography courtesy of Atelier Du Pont
Products You May Like
- Venetian Island Waterfront by In-Site Design Group
- Apartment in Moscow by BHD-Studio
- Sonoma Wine Country by Feldman Architecture
- BLU Ocean View by Annette Frommer - Interior Design
- Ramat Hasharon Residence by Levy Chamizer Architects
- High-Rise Apartment by Ruth Bautista
- House in Venice by Golden Line Construction
- Residence CL by W&Li Design
- Duplex by Studio Cicchetti Viscardi
- The Manta by WA Country Builders