Trail House by Zen Architects
Located in Melbourne, Australia, this contemporary two-storey house was designed in 2015 by Zen Architects.
Description by Zen Architects
Built on gently sloping land in suburban Melbourne, this contemporary and environmentally friendly home is designed to integrate seamlessly with the inherent natural beauty of the existing site.
Our approach favoured the use of natural materials, both inside and out, in order to create a relationship between the house and its surrounding environment. A series of inter-connecting rooms allow clear lines of vision throughout the house while also maximising the available light.
The application of passive solar design principles provides an abundance of warmth in winter and captures cooling breezes during summer. This light filled, split level home features the intelligent and sensitive application of sustainable design principles, conveying a feeling of openness, expansiveness and calm.
Photography by Emma Cross
Products You May Like
- House Elysium by Architect Prineas
- House in Sydney by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- St Albans Penthouse by Elizabeth Matthews Interiors
- Lakeview House by Tommaso Giunchi
- Black House by AR Design Studio
- Private Residence by Domenique Mora
- House Lean-2 by Ben Callery Architects
- House in Franklinford by Modscape
- Apartment in Moscow by Shamsudin Kerimov Architects
- Home in Barcelona by Daniel Pérez