Modern Barn by Joan Heaton Architects
This modern barn situated in Bread Loaf, Vermont, was designed in 2016 by Joan Heaton Architects.
Description by Joan Heaton Architects
The Vermont modern barn, a small, simple, get-away home is sited to take advantage of southern exposure and views to the west. The barn, modeled on the local form, is updated with a structural system of steel beams and big expanses of glass in the windows and doors. A twelve-foot wide sliding door disappears into the gable end wall and a pivot entry door welcomes the owner and visitors. A “bump out” containing four bunk beds accommodates overnight guests. Retaining walls of local Panton stone create a flat site for the new barn and swimming pool.
Photography by Jim Westphalen
Products You May Like
- AG House by Rocco Borromini
- Venetian Island Waterfront by In-Site Design Group
- Sonoma Wine Country by Feldman Architecture
- Sandaosa House by Hearth Architects
- Tahoe Marvel by Kelly Hohla Interiors
- Okotoks Skate Cabin by Patterns and Prosecco Interiors
- House in Venice by Golden Line Construction
- Golden Isles Residence by 2id Interiors
- House in Demarest by Jennifer Pacca Interiors
- East Village Apartment by CM Natural Designs