Modern Barn by Joan Heaton Architects
This modern barn situated in Bread Loaf, Vermont, was designed in 2016 by Joan Heaton Architects.
Description by Joan Heaton Architects
The Vermont modern barn, a small, simple, get-away home is sited to take advantage of southern exposure and views to the west. The barn, modeled on the local form, is updated with a structural system of steel beams and big expanses of glass in the windows and doors. A twelve-foot wide sliding door disappears into the gable end wall and a pivot entry door welcomes the owner and visitors. A “bump out” containing four bunk beds accommodates overnight guests. Retaining walls of local Panton stone create a flat site for the new barn and swimming pool.
Photography by Jim Westphalen
Products You May Like
- Modern Barn Conversion by Water Mill by Plum Builders
- Palm Springs Home by Engberg Design & Development
- Woodpecker Ranch by Feldman Architecture
- Appleton Way by Peters Architecture
- San Mateo Park Home by The Sharp Group
- Pine Tree North by Brodson Construction
- K Residence by TCR Design Group
- Apartments at Westlight by Enrique Norten
- MMS House by Pascali Semerdjian Architects
- Sonoma Sanctuary by Wade Design Architects