Modern Barn by Joan Heaton Architects
This modern barn situated in Bread Loaf, Vermont, was designed in 2016 by Joan Heaton Architects.
Description by Joan Heaton Architects
The Vermont modern barn, a small, simple, get-away home is sited to take advantage of southern exposure and views to the west. The barn, modeled on the local form, is updated with a structural system of steel beams and big expanses of glass in the windows and doors. A twelve-foot wide sliding door disappears into the gable end wall and a pivot entry door welcomes the owner and visitors. A “bump out” containing four bunk beds accommodates overnight guests. Retaining walls of local Panton stone create a flat site for the new barn and swimming pool.
Photography by Jim Westphalen
Products You May Like
- Belle Home by Fanfare Co.
- Miami Estate by DKOR Interiors
- North Hibiscus House by Borges + Associates Architects
- Upper Rockridge Residence by AAA Architecture
- Kenwood Residence by Upscale Construction
- Camberwell House by AM Architecture
- Martis Camp 141 by Faulkner Architects
- Modular House by Zrobym Architects
- House in Valencia by Gallardo Llopis Arquitectos
- Mount Si Modern by Rose-Leigh Design