Bellport House by Toshihiro Oki Architect
Designed in 2016 by Toshihiro Oki Architect, this modern residence is located in Bellport, New York, United States.
Description by Toshihiro Oki Architect
This weekend home, built on the south shore of Long Island, is envisioned as a social platform for the owner, his family and many friends and guests who come to visit and enjoy themselves outside of New York City. The Entry, Living, Dining and Kitchen are the central core where the social activity mixes. Large sliding glass doors open these areas out to the exterior, allowing people to flow easily between inside and outside. The pool, waterfront and various landscapes and courtyards around the house provide multiple settings for various activities. People can meander as the daylight shifts throughout and around the house over the course of the day, feeling the distinct presence and syncopation of morning, afternoon, sunset and evening.
Around the house is a property of over 2 acres that ranges from manicured grass, vegetable gardens, wild landscape, tall old growth trees and varied species of forest under growth. The house is punctuated with glass sliding door breezeways that act as a connector from one landscape to the next in only a few steps, as if passing from one scene to the next in a film. Everyone is free to make their own story as they pass back and forth to their own rhythm. Or they can sit still and just watch the landscape and activity unfold before them.
Photography by Dean Kaufman
Products You May Like
- Private Residence by Domenique Mora
- House Lean-2 by Ben Callery Architects
- House in Franklinford by Modscape
- RSA Films by March Studio
- Modern Lake House by Yiacouvakis Hamelin Architectes
- La Mira Ra House by Aum Pierre Minassian
- Modern House by Dettling-Architekten
- Casa Ischia by Choeff Levy Fischman
- Villa Slow by Laura Alvarez
- House in Formentera de Segura by Marià Castelló Martínez