Whidbey Island Home by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
Located on the Whidbey Island, Washington, this beach house was designed by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer.
Description by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
Working in an area that is prone to high water during storms, this building was elevated on concrete piers to allow flood waters to pass freely below the structure. The family gathers often, in numbers from two to many, and the house needed to be able to handle all of them. Durability was also a driving factor. Materials and finishes were designed to stand up to heavy use. The central great room is flanked by a pair of fireplaces with the idea that the furniture can be moved seasonally to take advantage of light and views.
Photography by Andrew Giammarco
Products You May Like
- Grove House by Roger Ferris + Partners
- Guest House by Isabela Gasser
- Ranch-Style Home by Dasmod Real Estate Developments
- Tuna Puna by Dasmod Real Estate Developments
- East Hampton Waterfront by Kevin O'Sullivan + Associates
- Tiburon Bay Residence by Nicolehollis
- Industrial Chic Apartment by Simonian Rosenbaum Architects
- Mamaroneck House by SPG Architects
- Treeside Residence by Faulkner Architects
- Lake Waconia House by ALTUS Architecture + Design