Porch House by Hufft Projects
Modern farmhouse featuring traditional forms designed by Hufft Projects located in Kansas City, Missouri.
Description by Hufft Projects
The Porch House located just west of Springfield, Missouri, presented Hufft Projects with a unique challenge. The clients desired a residence that referenced the traditional forms of farmhouses but also spoke to something distinctly modern. A hybrid building emerged and the Porch House greets visitors with its namesake – a large east and south facing ten foot cantilevering canopy that provides dramatic cover.
The residence also commands a view of the expansive river valley to the south. L-shaped in plan, the house’s master suite is located in the western leg and is isolated away from other functions allowing privacy. The living room, dining room, and kitchen anchor the southern, more traditional wing of the house with its spacious vaulted ceilings. A chimney punctuates this area and features a granite clad fireplace on the interior and an exterior fireplace expressing split face concrete block.
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects