House In Jiyugaoka by Airhouse Design Office
Modern concrete residence designed in 2014 by Airhouse Design Office located in Nagoya, Japan.
Description by Airhouse Design Office
This project was a renovation of a 40-year-old reinforced concrete apartment. The spaces of the house were designed from a viewpoint of “storing clothes”. It was said that the client had a passion for fashion and loved trying on clothes or displaying newly bought clothes. The client requested a large-sized closet space. However, we thought it was a shame to completely hide away the precious clothes. Therefore, a large closet space, called a dress room, was made in the center of the plan. The room functions as a passage as well as a display storage and a hide-away storage, and the space continuously changes depending on the situation or season. By doing so, fashion blends into life, and I believe that the space became a place to change the client’s mood whenever it was passed by. This renovation project was done by constructing spaces through re-examination of the conventional ideas of clothing storage.
Products You May Like
- JI-House by Craft
- Belle Home by Fanfare Co.
- Tarumi House by Fujihara Architects
- House Jun by Ichiro Tanaka
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- House in Muko by Fujiwaramuro Architects
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Adorable House by FORM / Kouichi Kimura Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in Itoshima by Teto Architects