F-5 Residence by Studio AR+D Architects
Designed in 2012 by Studio AR+D Architects, this beautiful 5,300 sq ft residence is situated in Indian Wells, California, United States.
Description by Studio AR+D Architects
Located in Indian Wells, California, the 5,300 sq. ft. F-5 Residence is set on a relatively flat, valley site with expansive mountain views. The one-story home maximizes the available land and creates a constant connection between the homes interior and the landscape. The material palette includes board-formed concrete, corten steel, and Ipe wood siding.
Landscape is a range of native and drought-tolerant plantings, composed into reflective foreground spaces before the views to the nearby foothills and Mount Indio beyond. The yucca, cactus, palms, and boulders in the outdoor living spaces generate a contemplative, sculptural yet habitable poetry.
Photography by Michal Utterback
- Apartment EP by Manca Studio
- Oksaflat by ART-UGOL
- House in Savyon by Dror Barda Architects
- Apartment in Foshan by C&C Design Group
- Casa GSL by Leandro Matsuda
- Casa Primera by Octava Arquitectura
- O Cuatro Residence by Migdal Arquitectos
- Private Residence in Yallanbee
- Countryside Lane by BOSS Architecture
- Long Island Residence by Shmuel D Flaum