F-5 Residence by Studio AR+D Architects
Designed in 2012 by Studio AR+D Architects, this beautiful 5,300 sq ft residence is situated in Indian Wells, California, United States.
Description by Studio AR+D Architects
Located in Indian Wells, California, the 5,300 sq. ft. F-5 Residence is set on a relatively flat, valley site with expansive mountain views. The one-story home maximizes the available land and creates a constant connection between the homes interior and the landscape. The material palette includes board-formed concrete, corten steel, and Ipe wood siding.
Landscape is a range of native and drought-tolerant plantings, composed into reflective foreground spaces before the views to the nearby foothills and Mount Indio beyond. The yucca, cactus, palms, and boulders in the outdoor living spaces generate a contemplative, sculptural yet habitable poetry.
Photography by Michal Utterback
- Apartment in Barcelona by Cometa Architects
- Ponce Davis Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- Coldwater Canyon Residence by Ehrlich Yanai Rhee Chaney Architects
- Elliot Road Home by Klopper and Davis Architects
- Casa Pinto by Insite Architetture
- E2 Apartment by Tchenguelieva Staynov Architects
- Casa N by Cheng Franco Arquitectos
- 3:2 House by MÉTODO
- Itamabuca House by Arquitetura Gui Mattos
- Noho Loft by Motiani Design