Chiquet Flood House by Ben Adams Architects
Chiquet Flood House is a project by Ben Adams Architects located on the banks of the River Thames in Weybridge, United Kingdom.
Description by Ben Adams Architects
It is located in the green belt within the river floodplain and is part of a local community called Hamm Court. The design proposals reflect the requirements of green belt policy and local policy concerns.
The form of the house is derived in part from a series of viewing angles (as shown in the attached images). The front roof line is angled back to minimise the visual impact of this mass from the river side while the ascending volumes on the North (road) side diminish the impact from the road. The ground floor of the house is lifted above the ground by 2.3m to meet current floodplain guidance.
The form maximises the use of natural light, and the plan is designed to enhance environmental and acoustic separation between the living and sleeping areas.
Photography by Ben Adams Architects
- Apartment in Curitiba by Belotto Scopel Tanaka Arquitetura
- 505 2nd Street Apartment by Ash NYC
- RSA Residence by Purple Studio
- Skýli Cabin by Utopia
- Malangen Retreat by Snorre Stinessen
- Private House by Lilian Benshoam
- Loft in London by David Phillips
- House Z by Closer Architects
- House JRV2 by Studio de.materia
- Cloy Ave Residence by Mayes Office