Presidio VC by Feldman Architecture
Located in San Francisco, California, this contemporary office interior was designed in 2014 by Feldman Architecture.
Description by Feldman Architecture
This renovation transformed a growing technology firm’s disorienting, uncoherent offices into a workspace with a clear progression and warm, light-filled spaces. Permanent features protected by the building’s historic status were embraced, accentuated, and used as organizing principals in the new design. The office’s structural concrete columns mark a procession to wooden compression corridors that guide visitors either to private offices or large public spaces. These communal areas – a library and shared office – deliberately coincide with the site’s preexisting ridge skylights, and their sculpted ceilings channel sunlight down into the office. A green wall in the double-height reception area further solidifies the office’s connection to the natural beauty of its Presidio site, and a pivot door in the entryway’s continuous wood-clad wall opens to frame a view of the greenery beyond. Throughout the office, a quiet palette of wood and painted white steel renders the space timeless and warm.
Photography by Paul Dyer
- Apartment in Foshan by C&C Design Group
- Casa GSL by Leandro Matsuda
- Casa Primera by Octava Arquitectura
- O Cuatro Residence by Migdal Arquitectos
- Private Residence in Yallanbee
- Countryside Lane by BOSS Architecture
- Long Island Residence by Shmuel D Flaum
- The Sanctuary by Bonstra I Haresign Architects
- Villa in Ramat Gan by Dror Barda
- House in Hangzhou by Wanjing Studio