Presidio VC by Feldman Architecture
Located in San Francisco, California, this contemporary office interior was designed in 2014 by Feldman Architecture.
Description by Feldman Architecture
This renovation transformed a growing technology firm’s disorienting, uncoherent offices into a workspace with a clear progression and warm, light-filled spaces. Permanent features protected by the building’s historic status were embraced, accentuated, and used as organizing principals in the new design. The office’s structural concrete columns mark a procession to wooden compression corridors that guide visitors either to private offices or large public spaces. These communal areas – a library and shared office – deliberately coincide with the site’s preexisting ridge skylights, and their sculpted ceilings channel sunlight down into the office. A green wall in the double-height reception area further solidifies the office’s connection to the natural beauty of its Presidio site, and a pivot door in the entryway’s continuous wood-clad wall opens to frame a view of the greenery beyond. Throughout the office, a quiet palette of wood and painted white steel renders the space timeless and warm.
Photography by Paul Dyer
- TinkerBox by Studio MM Architect
- Ferry Road House by Blaze Makoid Architecture
- Waltham Jewel by Melbourne Design Studios
- Avocado Acres House by LLoyd Russell
- Marthas Cove 01 by Dan Webster Architecture
- Doheny Modern by Meridith Baer Home
- Trousdale Residence by Mayes Office
- Crisp House by Robert Nichol & Sons
- Noe Valley House by IwamotoScott Architecture
- Merilyn House by The Little Brick Studio