Fitty Wun by Feldman Architecture
Redesigned in 2014 by Feldman Architecture, this inspiring townhouse is situated in Cole Valley, San Francisco, California.
Description by Feldman Architecture
The unconventional renovation of Fitty Wun transformed this Cole Valley home to reflect the playful personalities of the clients, a couple with three active young boys and a “work hard, play hard” approach to life.
Behind a white-framed front door in a townhouse façade, the house features an open floor plan that merges the kitchen, dining, and living rooms into one great room. This spacious communal living area functions as a hub for cooking, eating, working, and tomfoolery, with a catwalk connecting the children’s bedrooms overhead. At its core, a three-story atrium, ringed with a spiraling steel stairway, provides the boys room to play within earshot of their parents. A wood rope swing suspended at the atrium’s center soars from the kitchen to the underside of the ‘pod,’ a floating office space that serves as an acoustically separate space from the action below. From its green roof with views of Twin Peaks and Mount Sutro to the great room’s innovative storage solutions, the design of Fitty Wun combines whimsy and utility.
Photography by Joe Fletcher
- Spyglass Hill House by KRS Development
- Church Transformation by Scrafano Architects
- Contemporary House by Carrera by Design
- Green Elephant by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Casa Abierta by R79
- Bougainvillea Row House by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Chalet Design by Amdeco Architecture D'intérieur
- Home in Preston Hollow by Linda Fritschy Interior Design
- Trail House by Zen Architects
- Glass House in Escazú by Cañas Arquitectos