Dogrun Ranch by Furman + Keil Architects
Designed in 2012 by Furman + Keil Architects, this ranch house is located in Spicewood, Texas, United States.
Description by Furman + Keil Architects
The house is anchored to the site by a majestic hill-top oak. Various realms expand downhill, opening towards views of the surrounding hill country. Each building element is situated with respect to its place in the landscape and corresponding views while carefully considering the composition of the whole. The structure merges the desire for comfort, refinement, and modern living with the straightforward construction and materiality of ranch elements like the dog run, carport, cattle fencing and cisterns. The rhythm of wood trusses and purlins in the main living area is expressed to the interior. A “cold roof” of rigid insulation is constructed above these conditioned spaces. The kitchen is conceived as a painted wood clad building inside the larger main volume.
Photography by Casey Dunn
Products You May Like
- Woodpecker Ranch by Feldman Architecture
- Palm Residence and Guest House by Clark Richardson Architects
- Highland Village by M+A Architecture Studio
- River Ranch by Michael Hsu Office of Architecture
- Modern Industrial Farmhouse by Dessa Lea Productions
- Modern Urban Home by Y Designs
- Traditional Home by Erin Sander Design
- Modern House in Houston by Winfrey Design Build
- Jolly Hollow by Melisa Clement Designs
- Creekside Residence by Feldman Architecture