Boneo Country House by John Wardle Architects
Designed in 2017 by John Wardle Architects, this contemporary country house is located in Melbourne, Australia.
Description by John Wardle Architects
The Boneo Country house is located atop sloping farmland with expansive views stretching out over Bass Strait and beyond. An existing house on the property has been completely reimagined as part of a larger schema for the site. A new timber screen acts like a hedge to define a protected courtyard space – a cultivated garden within the broader rolling hills of the Mornington Peninsula landscape. The new house branches from the old across the slope, unfolding to engage with expansive views stretching over Bass Strait and Port Phillip Bay. A skin of copper on the sides of the house is taut and crisply defining. It is sliced open to frame the views that have been divined from the site.
Photography by Sharyn Cairns
Products You May Like
- House in Malibu by Hillstar Construction Services
- Everson by Michelle Berwick
- Herzliya Pituach 1 by Tomer Ben Dor
- Open House by Eric Cobb
- Flatiron Private Residence by Oda New York
- House in Melbourne by Austin Maynard Architects
- 61st Street Townhouse by TRA Studio
- Palm Residence and Guest House by Clark Richardson Architects
- Casa FR by Salvatore Pellitteri
- Hide House by Mani Architecture