Mamaroneck House by SPG Architects
Designed in 2017 by SPG Architects, this modern single family house is located in Mamaroneck, New York.
Description by SPG Architects
Sitting on a wooded Westchester County site, this 5500 SF house consists of a large kitchen, dining and living rooms, a study, a large master suite, a family room, and four additional bedrooms. The 3000 SF conditioned basement incorporates a children’s play area, a media center, and a small gym. A 3-car garage rounds out the program. The formally composed street facade presents itself frontally to street but addresses the driveway with a dynamic entrance canopy. The rear façade is animated with more dynamic relationships between indoor and outdoor living spaces. This side of the house is defined by a double-volume transparent cube and several more solid volumes that provide a more ambiguous relationship between indoors and out. A free-standing dining pavilion further blurs this distinction. The house is rendered in a minimal architectural vocabulary of stucco, wood screens & cladding, grey tiles & plaster, stainless steel, and walnut floors & millwork. Natural light and shadow are purposefully manipulated with the large planar openings, while the exterior façade is dappled and softened by tree-filtered daylight.
Photography courtesy of SPG Architects
Products You May Like
- Ranch-Style Home by Dasmod Real Estate Developments
- FAV Residence by UNIRE Arquitetura Engenharia e Design
- Tuna Puna by Dasmod Real Estate Developments
- Rio Mau House by Raulino Silva
- East Hampton Waterfront by Kevin O'Sullivan + Associates
- The Barnhaus by Residential Attitudes
- Tiburon Bay Residence by Nicolehollis
- Courtyard House by Architecture Paradigm
- Casa D by Pauhof Architekten
- Industrial Chic Apartment by Simonian Rosenbaum Architects