Shipping Container House by Studio H:T
Situated in Nederland, US, this original shipping container retreat was designed in 2010 by Boulder, Colorado – based Studio H:T.
Description by Studio H:T
This project questions the need for excessive space and challenges occupants to be efficient. Two shipping containers saddlebag a taller common space that connects local rock outcroppings to the expansive mountain ridge views. The containers house sleeping and work functions while the center space provides entry, dining, living and a loft above. The loft deck invites easy camping as the platform bed rolls between interior and exterior. The project is planned to be off-the-grid using solar orientation, passive cooling, green roofs, pellet stove heating and photovoltaics to create electricity.
- Retreat in Hälleviksstrand by Decorate
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Camp Run-A-Muck Cabin by Pearson Design Group
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Retreat in Sweden by Bjurfors Home
- Summer House by Anttinen Oiva Architects
- Cabin in Charlevoix by Cargo Architecture
- Lake Retreat by Albertsson Hansen Architecture
- Cabin Straumsnes by Rever og Drage Arkitekter