Shipping Container House by Studio H:T
Situated in Nederland, US, this original shipping container retreat was designed in 2010 by Boulder, Colorado – based Studio H:T.
Description by Studio H:T
This project questions the need for excessive space and challenges occupants to be efficient. Two shipping containers saddlebag a taller common space that connects local rock outcroppings to the expansive mountain ridge views. The containers house sleeping and work functions while the center space provides entry, dining, living and a loft above. The loft deck invites easy camping as the platform bed rolls between interior and exterior. The project is planned to be off-the-grid using solar orientation, passive cooling, green roofs, pellet stove heating and photovoltaics to create electricity.
Products You May Like
- Casa M by Lopez Duplan Arquitectos
- Bathroom Faucets You'll Love
- Refugium Betzenstein by Bio-Design-Ferienwohnung
- Troll Hus by Mork Ulnes Architects
- Nido Cabin by Mr. Falck Studio
- Retreat in the Sahyadris by Khosla Associates
- Coastal Pavilions by Liminal Studio
- The Bunker by Miller-Roodell Architects
- Vivienda Tres Torres by Pablo Peyra
- River Ranch by Michael Hsu Office of Architecture