Shipping Container House by Studio H:T
Situated in Nederland, US, this original shipping container retreat was designed in 2010 by Boulder, Colorado – based Studio H:T.
Description by Studio H:T
This project questions the need for excessive space and challenges occupants to be efficient. Two shipping containers saddlebag a taller common space that connects local rock outcroppings to the expansive mountain ridge views. The containers house sleeping and work functions while the center space provides entry, dining, living and a loft above. The loft deck invites easy camping as the platform bed rolls between interior and exterior. The project is planned to be off-the-grid using solar orientation, passive cooling, green roofs, pellet stove heating and photovoltaics to create electricity.
Products You May Like
- Okotoks Skate Cabin by Patterns and Prosecco Interiors
- Villa Slow by Laura Alvarez
- Lake Minnetonka Retreat by Snow Kreilich Architects
- JI-House by Craft
- Skýli Cabin by Utopia
- Malangen Retreat by Snorre Stinessen
- Maury Island Cabin by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Retreat in Hälleviksstrand by Decorate
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects