8th Ave Residence by NatureHumaine
NatureHumaine transformed a residential two storey duplex situated in Montreal, Canada into a single dwelling unit by completely reorganizing the interior and constructing a 430 sqft extension in the rear.
Description by NatureHumaine
The extension includes a master bedroom on the second floor and a family room that gives onto an intimate garden at ground level. Standing proud on a typical Montreal laneway, the extension acts as a beacon of novelty and dynamism. While little work was done to the front facade, this extension was designed in contrast, with bright colors, an angled form, and generous glazing.
Work on the interior centered on exposing and highlighting the beauty of existing wooden structural walls and beams and supporting them with a more subtle pallet of materials. Natural daylight is brought into the core with a large skylight and glass floor placed at the center of the house.
Products You May Like
- Courcelette Residence by Naturehumaine
- Okotoks Skate Cabin by Patterns and Prosecco Interiors
- C-House by kree8 Design
- Triplex in Montreal by Anne Sophie Goneau
- House in Sutton by YH2
- Cube House by Canvas Homes
- 1st Avenue Residence by Architecture Microclimat
- Indigo Lane by Stark Architecture
- Cottage Style Barn by Rebarn
- JI-House by Craft