Riverview House by Nobbs Radford Architects
Situated in Sydney, Australia, this modern single family residence was designed in 2014 by Nobbs Radford Architects.
Description by Nobbs Radford Architects
This former medical centre, in the heart of bohemian Northcote, has been transformed into a 3 storey residence that takes full advantage of the interesting spatial opportunities the original structure offered.
Entry is directly off the street into a 7m high space featuring a Japanese Maple and a full height north facing window that casts light throughout the interior.
Internal spaces are arranged around a large Tasmanian Oak clad ‘box’ containing a wine store and bathroom at ground level with a mezzanine lounge above.
A large garage workshop and two bedrooms are also located on the lower level, connected to the kitchen, meals and adjacent roof terrace via a ‘folded’ timber stair.
The first floor study commands an internal view over the soaring entry space, as well as the street below via a deep bay window seat.
A discrete stair accesses the third level master domain which enjoys classic roof top views.
Internal materials include polished concrete, timber and white walls providing a refined backdrop to an interior defined by voluminous spaces, dynamic light and intriguing vistas.
Photography by Brendan Finn
Products You May Like
- Brick House by Alexander Martin Architects
- House Elysium by Architect Prineas
- House in Sydney by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Black House by AR Design Studio
- House Lean-2 by Ben Callery Architects
- House in Franklinford by Modscape
- Modern Lake House by Yiacouvakis Hamelin Architectes
- La Mira Ra House by Aum Pierre Minassian
- Villa Slow by Laura Alvarez
- House in Sydney by Victoria Waters Design