Northcote Home by Pleysier Perkins
Located in Melbourne, Australia, this modern single family house was designed in 2014 by Pleysier Perkins.
Description by Pleysier Perkins
This former medical centre, in the heart of bohemian Northcote, has been transformed into a 3 storey residence that takes full advantage of the interesting spatial opportunities the original structure offered.
Entry is directly off the street into a 7m high space featuring a Japanese Maple and a full height north facing window that casts light throughout the interior.
Internal spaces are arranged around a large Tasmanian Oak clad ‘box’ containing a wine store and bathroom at ground level with a mezzanine lounge above.
A large garage workshop and two bedrooms are also located on the lower level, connected to the kitchen, meals and adjacent roof terrace via a ‘folded’ timber stair.
The first floor study commands an internal view over the soaring entry space, as well as the street below via a deep bay window seat.
A discrete stair accesses the third level master domain which enjoys classic roof top views Internal materials include polished concrete, timber and white walls providing a refined backdrop to an interior defined by voluminous spaces, dynamic light and intriguing vistas.
Photography by Brendan Finn
- Home in Valladolid by Estudio Lätt
- Skýli Cabin by Utopia
- House in Ascot Vale by FGR Architects
- Residence in the Galilee by Golany Architects
- Concrete Brickhouse by Joris Verhoeven Architectuur
- Lumishell by Christophe Benichou
- Barton Hills Residence by Brett Grinkmeyer Architecture
- Private Residence by Duet Design Group
- Apartment Portugal by GDL Arquitetura
- Tarumi House by Fujihara Architects