Northcote Home by Pleysier Perkins
Located in Melbourne, Australia, this modern single family house was designed in 2014 by Pleysier Perkins.
Description by Pleysier Perkins
This former medical centre, in the heart of bohemian Northcote, has been transformed into a 3 storey residence that takes full advantage of the interesting spatial opportunities the original structure offered.
Entry is directly off the street into a 7m high space featuring a Japanese Maple and a full height north facing window that casts light throughout the interior.
Internal spaces are arranged around a large Tasmanian Oak clad ‘box’ containing a wine store and bathroom at ground level with a mezzanine lounge above.
A large garage workshop and two bedrooms are also located on the lower level, connected to the kitchen, meals and adjacent roof terrace via a ‘folded’ timber stair.
The first floor study commands an internal view over the soaring entry space, as well as the street below via a deep bay window seat.
A discrete stair accesses the third level master domain which enjoys classic roof top views Internal materials include polished concrete, timber and white walls providing a refined backdrop to an interior defined by voluminous spaces, dynamic light and intriguing vistas.
Photography by Brendan Finn
Products You May Like
- AG House by Rocco Borromini
- Bijou Marylebone Apartment by Maurizio Pellizzoni
- Casa PV2 by Lucas Y Hernández-Gil Arquitectos
- Sandaosa House by Hearth Architects
- Clovelly Glow by H Interior Design
- Apartment AML by David Ito Arquitetura
- The Manta by WA Country Builders
- Cottage in Muraste by KUU Arhitektid
- Apartment in Poland by Hi-Light Architects
- Art Lovers House by Witt Architects