House MW by Riofrio + Rodrigo Arquitectos
Designed in 2015 by Riofrio + Rodrigo Arquitectos, this contemporary private house is located in Lima, Peru.
Description by Riofrio + Rodrigo Arquitectos
The relief of the desert hills, an extension of the Andes mountains that reach the sea, characterize the geographic space where the project is located. The proposal sought to establish a direct relationship with the surrounding environment via the structure’s main volume and with the materials and textures used.
A first block is planted in an “L” shape, this directs the view of the main rooms of the house towards the nearest hills. The second “L”, made up of service rooms and entrances serves to establish a direct relationship with the street.
The concrete material, the language of repetitive rhythms through the pillars and columns, the green roof and the landscaping emphasize the dialogue between the environment and the house as well as grant the project the defining character of recreational housing.
Photography courtesy by Riofrio + Rodrigo Arquitectos
Products You May Like
- Strand Beach by Carl Akins Company
- House in North Vancouver by Blackfish Homes
- Abstract House by Matt Gibson Architecture + Design
- Casa Ambar by Centerbrook Architects & Planners
- Upper East Side Residence by Pepe Calderin Design
- House in Malibu by Hillstar Construction Services
- Everson by Michelle Berwick
- Herzliya Pituach 1 by Tomer Ben Dor
- Open House by Eric Cobb
- Flatiron Private Residence by Oda New York