House in Encinitas by dasMOD
Located in Encinitas, California, this midcentury single family house was designed in 2016 by dasMOD and Handsome Salt.
Description by dasMOD
This single story, 80s inspired home quickly became a labor of love for the dasMOD Founders, Erik Gilmer and Sven Simon. The duo stumbled upon 2222 Via Tiempo, when looking for homes to repurpose that weren’t totally perfect but also not in shambles.
The house is located East of the 5 freeway, in an up-and-coming Cardiff-by-the-Sea, CA neighborhood. With good bones, a solid foundation, and ample square footage, the dasMOD team quickly recognized the flaws of the house could be corrected with a great vision and excellent craftsmanship to maximize the views and functionality. Translation: Big changes with a multi-faced open floor plan and versatile private rooms could transition this 80’s classic home into a California cool, modern space.
A modern mix of unpretentious, yet luxurious design elements resulted in an awe-inspiring, sophisticated and lighthearted living space with a seamless transition between indoors and out. The extraordinary high ceilings and volume contributes to its welcome feeling.
The public areas of the house, such as the kitchen, dining, living, and entertaining areas open up towards the backyard with sit-down white-water ocean views beyond.
Natural light and a thoughtful use of color knit everything together at 2222 Via Tiempo. The dasMOD team are designers at heart. Specificity is reflected at all scales, from the whole scale of the property down to the minute details; the cabinetry, specific tiles, hardware, and lighting choices throughout creating a true showcase for designer professionals and enthusiasts alike.
Photography courtesy of dasMOD
Interior design by Handsome Salt
Products You May Like
- Malibu Beach Modern by Caileen Designs
- Grove House by Roger Ferris + Partners
- Ranch-Style Home by Dasmod Real Estate Developments
- Tuna Puna by Dasmod Real Estate Developments
- East Hampton Waterfront by Kevin O'Sullivan + Associates
- Tiburon Bay Residence by Nicolehollis
- Industrial Chic Apartment by Simonian Rosenbaum Architects
- Mamaroneck House by SPG Architects
- Treeside Residence by Faulkner Architects
- Lake Waconia House by ALTUS Architecture + Design