Contemporary Home by Hillam Architects
Situated in Dalkeith, Australia, this contemporary two-storey house was designed by Hillam Architects.
Description by Hillam Architects
Situated in an established area of Dalkeith, our clients realised the potential of their original, 1980s home. Through various alterations and additions, this residence promises to announce itself and enhance the streetscape.
As per the clients request, many elements of the existing house were maintained and enhanced. Upon arrival, you notice the house’s original curve is clad in beautifully with Blackbutt timber boards. The sensual form and warm textures of the upper level contrasts beautifully with the white rendered, angular canopy framing the entry.
The main living area boasts a double-height space, creating an airy and luxurious atmosphere. By reconfiguring the site, we sought to create an efficient, modern family-home. The placement of the living and dining areas allows them views over the backyard and pool area.
Featuring one of the most generous pool and cabana areas we’ve ever conceived, this residence is sure to impress. Timber decking, lush planting and stone feature-walls elude luxury and sophistication.
Photography by Joel Barbitta
- Toorak Home by David Watson Architects
- Crescent Drive Home by Ehrlich Yanai Rhee Chaney Architects
- Alamo Square Residence by Hulburd Design
- Allen Key House by Architect Prineas
- House in Brescia by Claudia Pelizzari Interior Design
- Berkshire Residence by MATHISON | MATHISON ARCHITECTS
- Underhill Residence by Bates Masi Architects
- Kits Beach Home by Form Collective
- Residence in Windsor by Brininstool + Lynch
- Casa AB by e|arquitectos