Contemporary Home by Hillam Architects
Situated in Dalkeith, Australia, this contemporary two-storey house was designed by Hillam Architects.
Description by Hillam Architects
Situated in an established area of Dalkeith, our clients realised the potential of their original, 1980s home. Through various alterations and additions, this residence promises to announce itself and enhance the streetscape.
As per the clients request, many elements of the existing house were maintained and enhanced. Upon arrival, you notice the house’s original curve is clad in beautifully with Blackbutt timber boards. The sensual form and warm textures of the upper level contrasts beautifully with the white rendered, angular canopy framing the entry.
The main living area boasts a double-height space, creating an airy and luxurious atmosphere. By reconfiguring the site, we sought to create an efficient, modern family-home. The placement of the living and dining areas allows them views over the backyard and pool area.
Featuring one of the most generous pool and cabana areas we’ve ever conceived, this residence is sure to impress. Timber decking, lush planting and stone feature-walls elude luxury and sophistication.
Photography by Joel Barbitta
- Spyglass Hill House by KRS Development
- Church Transformation by Scrafano Architects
- Contemporary House by Carrera by Design
- Green Elephant by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Casa Abierta by R79
- Bougainvillea Row House by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Chalet Design by Amdeco Architecture D'intérieur
- Home in Preston Hollow by Linda Fritschy Interior Design
- Trail House by Zen Architects
- Glass House in Escazú by Cañas Arquitectos