JKC1 House by ONG&ONG
This modern single family home located in Bukit Timah, Singapore, was designed by local architects ONG&ONG.
Description by ONG&ONG
This is one of three ‘good class bungalow’ plots carved from a larger plot developed by the Keck Seng Group. The house sits on a slight incline and overlooks a pool in the front yard, following the feng shui belief of balancing the “mountain” and “water” elements.
The first floor’s living and dining area is a vast and continuous space providing an unobstructed view of the pool and front lawn. The generously proportioned kitchen with laundry area is located to the back of the house together with the garage.
A centralised, combination staircase leads up into the open courtyard directly above the kitchen. To the left, is the master suite with bedroom, walk-in wardrobe and bathroom, while the children’s bedrooms and adjoining playroom occupy the opposite side. In the middle, a multi-purpose family area takes up the front section, while the back area houses an additional room. From the courtyard, a spiral staircase ascends onto the terrace that can serve as a BBQ or entertainment area where guests can take in the beautiful views of the surrounding greenery.
Generous use of space is what distinguishes this house from others, making it a welcome relief from Singapore’s high-density urban environment.
Products You May Like
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Sala Ayutthaya Hotel by Onion
- Ribbon Chapel by Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP
- Modern Ranch by Poet Interiors
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura
- Chevy Chase Home by Meditch Murphey Architects