Fieldview Residence by Blaze Makoid Architecture
Contemporary 4,000 square foot property designed by Blaze Makoid Architecture located in East Hampton, New York.
Description by Blaze Makoid Architecture
Located on a flat, one acre flag lot with neighbors close to the front and side yards, this 4,000 square foot house is configured of three primary volumes arranged in an ‘C’ that frame the expansive, southern view of an adjacent, agricultural reserve. This view serves as a backdrop to an interwoven composition of interior and exterior spaces.
Entry, through a glass void in the northern side of the house, is approached by a raised, stone walk, under an exaggerated uplighted canopy. The entry foyer, at the terminus of the outdoor pool, separates public space to the left and the private, two story bedroom wing to the right. An open floor plan contains living room, dining room and kitchen stretches along the length of the central outdoor patio. Large expanses of south facing glass help to dissolve interior/exterior relationships while a more selective glazing strategy locates individual windows in the predominately solid north, east and west walls that create privacy while modulating temperature.
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo