Pearl Beach by Brett Mickan Interior Design
This 1950s beach cottage situated in Pearl Beach, New Zealand, was completely redesigned by Brett Mickan Interior Design.
Description by Brett Mickan Interior Design
Located on the sought after ocean-front of NSW’s Pearl Beach, what was once a 1950’s stilt cottage had previously had an extremely unsympathetic, faux beach renovation. It was our task to reintroduce some of the 50’s character, resolve the structural issues of internally connecting the upper and lower floors and maximising the floor space.
The colour scheme was used to reflect the soft pastel tones of the 50’s and the natural hues of the surrounding coastal landscape.
It was important to the client that the beach house be stylish without being pretentious. They wanted their family and guests to feel comfortable enough to put their feet up, while also being stylish enough to feel pampered. We achieved this by combining a heavy use of vintage items with injections of contemporary pieces in furniture, fabric and art.
The result is a home that sits comfortably within its 1950’s bones while giving a sophisticated, contemporary edge to a casual, comfortable beach retreat.
Photography by Thomas Dalhoff
- Clyde North House by Carlisle Homes
- Riverview House by Nobbs Radford Architects
- House in Mernda by Carlisle Homes
- House in Melbourne by Bagnato Architects
- Pinecrest Residence by Anders Lasater Architects
- Lahinch House by Lachlan Shepherd Architects
- Residence in Fitzroy by Architects EAT
- Ruffey Lake House by Inbetween Architecture
- Concord House by Studio Benicio
- House in Melbourne by Aspect 11