Pearl Beach by Brett Mickan Interior Design
This 1950s beach cottage situated in Pearl Beach, New Zealand, was completely redesigned by Brett Mickan Interior Design.
Description by Brett Mickan Interior Design
Located on the sought after ocean-front of NSW’s Pearl Beach, what was once a 1950’s stilt cottage had previously had an extremely unsympathetic, faux beach renovation. It was our task to reintroduce some of the 50’s character, resolve the structural issues of internally connecting the upper and lower floors and maximising the floor space.
The colour scheme was used to reflect the soft pastel tones of the 50’s and the natural hues of the surrounding coastal landscape.
It was important to the client that the beach house be stylish without being pretentious. They wanted their family and guests to feel comfortable enough to put their feet up, while also being stylish enough to feel pampered. We achieved this by combining a heavy use of vintage items with injections of contemporary pieces in furniture, fabric and art.
The result is a home that sits comfortably within its 1950’s bones while giving a sophisticated, contemporary edge to a casual, comfortable beach retreat.
Photography by Thomas Dalhoff
- Sorrento Beach House by AM Architecture
- Miami Beach Villa by Associated Design
- Sticks and Stones Home by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Cammeray House by MHN Design Union
- Courtyard House by Robson Rak Architects
- Williamstown House by Fiona Lynch
- Aireys Inlet Home by Camilla Molders Design
- Beach House by The Anderson Studio of Architecture & Design
- Bellevue Hill House II by Madeleine Blanchfield Architects
- Barn House Extension by Mode Projects