Eclectic Apartment by KC Design Studio
Tiny 538 sq ft apartment located in New Taipei City, Taiwan, designed by KC Design Studio.
Description by KC Design Studio
Containing mezzanine area, this casein Wanli District, the outskirts of Taipei, has around 15 pyeong (about 50 m2 [538 ft2]) interior spaces. The 2 users work for graphic design and fashion business, and collect toy figures and Lego as their hobby. Therefore, the design requires a large space for figure making, as well as show rooms for display and storage. What’s more, they wish to adopt the mix & match style for their fashion business, so the design merges different structural types and materials. The former reflects on some contract such as minimalist stairline with classic paneled closet. The later forms a balance between the lively feeling of decorative tiles in warm colors, and the large amount of cold grey closets, plus the neutral materials such as metals to add in more textures. Finally, the flavoring—their personal antique furniture—draws out the atmosphere of holiday house to this mix & matchspace.
Photography by Sam Siew Shien
- Home in Sydney by Mary Ellen Hudson Architects
- Kew Residence by Adie Courtney
- The Tannery Apartment in Clifton Hill
- Dormer House by post Architecture
- Contemporary House in Northcote by Ola Studio
- Office Space by Atelier Pro Architects
- Studio Apartment in Moscow by KDVA Architects
- MK2 House by Canny Design
- House in Savyon by Dan & Hila Israelevitz Architects
- Attic Apartment by INDECORATE