The Hambly House by DPAI Architecture
Located in Hamilton, Canada, this modern single family residence was completely redesigned by DPAI Architecture.
Description by DPAI Architecture
The Hambly House is a rare example of 1930s Streamline Moderne architecture in Hamilton. Since the purchase of the house by its new owners in 2012, the house has undergone a full restoration with an additional second storey wrapped in floor-to-ceiling glass. The renovation respects the original character and detailing of the designated heritage house while celebrating its contemporary spirit with a bold addition. The interior has been completely refinished, and clean, minimalist custom millwork was designed throughout the house. The project will be completed in Fall 2015.
The project was done in collaboration with Philip Toms of TOMS + MCNALLY DESIGN.
Photography courtesy of DPAI Architecture
- Industrial Modern by Boswell Construction
- Casa Canto Cholul by Taller Estilo Arquitectura
- Mozoquila House by Vieyra Arquitectos
- Eagle Hill Residence by ODS Architecture
- Rough House by Measured Architecture
- House in Tobermory by Mafcohouse
- House in Muko by Fujiwaramuro Architects
- Home in North Vancouver by Beyond Beige Interior Design
- Home in Toronto by Laura Hay Decor & Design
- Bright Apartment by Andrea Trebbi