The Hambly House by DPAI Architecture
Located in Hamilton, Canada, this modern single family residence was completely redesigned by DPAI Architecture.
Description by DPAI Architecture
The Hambly House is a rare example of 1930s Streamline Moderne architecture in Hamilton. Since the purchase of the house by its new owners in 2012, the house has undergone a full restoration with an additional second storey wrapped in floor-to-ceiling glass. The renovation respects the original character and detailing of the designated heritage house while celebrating its contemporary spirit with a bold addition. The interior has been completely refinished, and clean, minimalist custom millwork was designed throughout the house. The project will be completed in Fall 2015.
The project was done in collaboration with Philip Toms of TOMS + MCNALLY DESIGN.
Photography courtesy of DPAI Architecture
Products You May Like
- Interior SS by Didonè Comacchio Architects
- Casa LS by Grippo+Murzi
- Casa Trieste by Oecus
- Casa Ian by Stefano Pasquali
- Syshaus by Arthur Casas Design
- The Twin View by The Rural Building Company
- Modern Ranch
- Modern Private Residence by Rockwell Interiors
- HNN House by Hernandez Silva Architects
- Attico A&O by Biondi Architetti