The Hambly House by DPAI Architecture
Located in Hamilton, Canada, this modern single family residence was completely redesigned by DPAI Architecture.
Description by DPAI Architecture
The Hambly House is a rare example of 1930s Streamline Moderne architecture in Hamilton. Since the purchase of the house by its new owners in 2012, the house has undergone a full restoration with an additional second storey wrapped in floor-to-ceiling glass. The renovation respects the original character and detailing of the designated heritage house while celebrating its contemporary spirit with a bold addition. The interior has been completely refinished, and clean, minimalist custom millwork was designed throughout the house. The project will be completed in Fall 2015.
The project was done in collaboration with Philip Toms of TOMS + MCNALLY DESIGN.
Photography courtesy of DPAI Architecture
- Dual Concepts by T.M Design Studio
- Edgewood House by Menendez Architects
- Mountain Drive Residence by Blackbird Architects
- House in West Hollywood by BAR Design + Construction
- Modern Lodge by KEM Studio
- Allen Key House by Architect Prineas
- Suburban House by TTAT
- Kits Beach Home by Form Collective
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue y Seta
- Modern Farmhouse by Trickle Creek Designer Homes