The Hambly House by DPAI Architecture
Located in Hamilton, Canada, this modern single family residence was completely redesigned by DPAI Architecture.
Description by DPAI Architecture
The Hambly House is a rare example of 1930s Streamline Moderne architecture in Hamilton. Since the purchase of the house by its new owners in 2012, the house has undergone a full restoration with an additional second storey wrapped in floor-to-ceiling glass. The renovation respects the original character and detailing of the designated heritage house while celebrating its contemporary spirit with a bold addition. The interior has been completely refinished, and clean, minimalist custom millwork was designed throughout the house. The project will be completed in Fall 2015.
The project was done in collaboration with Philip Toms of TOMS + MCNALLY DESIGN.
Photography courtesy of DPAI Architecture
- Tiny House by E-E-P-A
- East Bay by Sherry Williamson Design
- Estrade Residence by Mu Architecture
- House in Leuven by Rob Mols and Studio K
- Residence in Tel Aviv by Vered Blatman Cohen
- Space and White by C.H. Interior
- East Village Studio by JPDA
- Modern Residence by SGA Architecture
- Z Apartment by Carola Vannini
- House in Lyon by Claude Cartier Studio