The Hambly House by DPAI Architecture
Located in Hamilton, Canada, this modern single family residence was completely redesigned by DPAI Architecture.
Description by DPAI Architecture
The Hambly House is a rare example of 1930s Streamline Moderne architecture in Hamilton. Since the purchase of the house by its new owners in 2012, the house has undergone a full restoration with an additional second storey wrapped in floor-to-ceiling glass. The renovation respects the original character and detailing of the designated heritage house while celebrating its contemporary spirit with a bold addition. The interior has been completely refinished, and clean, minimalist custom millwork was designed throughout the house. The project will be completed in Fall 2015.
The project was done in collaboration with Philip Toms of TOMS + MCNALLY DESIGN.
Photography courtesy of DPAI Architecture
- Itaim Apartment by Diego Revollo Arquitetura
- Coogee Residence by Decoroom
- Modern Farmhouse by Christine Curry Design
- Strass Residence by MF Architecture
- Bulimba Residence by Kieron Gait Architects
- Inspiring Home by Mokkotsu
- Black Lodge by Tomislav Soldo
- Apartment in Madrid by Abaton Architects
- Modern Apartment in London
- House in LA by Fran Silvestre