Mountain Drive Residence by Blackbird Architects
Located in Santa Barbara, California, this mid-century house was designed in 2012 by Blackbird Architects.
Description by Blackbird Architects
This home features elegant living within a deceptively simple building plan. An exposed timber frame of columns and tapered beams support a gently sloping roof opening to 180 degree ocean and island views. A generous curved roof overhang creates outdoor living space for dining, relaxation and play. Open kitchen, dining and living areas form the center of the house separating the master suite from bedrooms, den, and service spaces. The owner’s art collection and beautiful moroccan doors were featured in the the design, and interior finishes were selected for elegance and function. The building’s facade is an interplay of materials, combining plaster, weathering steel, large sliding doors, and a variety of punched as well as clerestory windows. A detached garage with artist workshop compliment the home’s amenities. Fire-safe design and detailing helps protect the home from wildfire, with native and drought-tolerant landscaping creating inviting outdoor gardens for recreation.
Photography by Matt Wier
Products You May Like
- Apartment in Poznan by MO Architekci
- Apartment in Moscow by FonBureau
- Casa ECS by Giuseppe Gurrieri
- Glass and Stone Oasis by Merle
- Casa PP by Sarah Pidatella
- Eichler X-100 by Lucile Glessner Design
- Opposite House by Rzlbd
- Wireless House by Tips Architects
- New Riga Residence by Yolo Bureau
- Muzha Micro Flat by Phoebesayswow Architects