Lucerne by Daniel Marshall Architects
In Auckland, New Zealand, Daniel Marshall Architects designed this amazing modern property. Enjoy!
Description by Daniel Marshall Architects
Sited on the edge of the ancient crater that embraces Orakei Basin with extravagant views to inner Waitamata harbour and Auckland city.
The brief was very specific, with garaging a number of classic cars a primary concern.
Daniel’s design response was to wrap the garaging around a central ‘pergatoria’ – a term coined by the italian architect Terragni for an entry courtyard. The garage doors detailed to disappear into the adjoining cedar exterior. This area also incorporates the entry, conceived as a three level atrium that entices the visitor up to the living level and to the eventual revelation of the views of the Auckland landscape beyond. The curved edge of the infinity pool echoes the form of Orakei basin and draws the sea view closer to the house.
The aesthetic and detailing of the house is intended to be quietly sophisticated using a limited palette of materials. A number of bespoke items designed specifically for the house by the architects enhances the glamour of the setting – these include a chandelier with hand blown glass spheres by Katie Brown, a front door handle crafted by David White and the panels behind the dining table painted by Daniel Marshall.
Products You May Like
- Vivienda Tres Torres by Pablo Peyra
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Laucala Island Resort in Fiji
- Sala Ayutthaya Hotel by Onion
- Chevy Chase Home by Meditch Murphey Architects
- Potrero Hill House by Noz as a Service