Niu House by Yoshihiro Yamamoto
Nice minimalistic single family house located in Nara, Japan. The property was designed in 2012 by Yoshihiro Yamamoto.
Description by Yoshihiro Yamamoto
The site is located at the very end of the residential section developed in the 1970s in Nara, Japan. There are homogeneous prefabricated houses in one side, and ancient Japanese-styled houses and rich nature spread in another side. It is the typical site of Nara. We planned a new residence for young husband and wife.
First, We classified various spaces into two . The opened space with free usage , such as the living, the dining room, kitchen, and loft, was unified by a white volume. The closed space with specific functions, such as soundproof studio, a bathroom, a utility room, and a bedroom, was unified by a black volume.
Second, We put the black volume to the road side, The white volume was set some distance back from it.
Third, by combining two volumes, the residence could have a small yard in the inside and was able to gain a wind, light, and a view.
Products You May Like
- Modern Urban Home by Y Designs
- JI-House by Craft
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Ribbon Chapel by Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP
- Modern Ranch by Poet Interiors
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura
- Casa V. by DOSIS