Monumental Coach House by Zecc Architects
This spacious single family residence designed in 2012 by Zecc Architects is located in Breukelen, The Netherlands.
Description by Zecc Architects
A monumental coach house and stable from 1760 becomes a spacious house. A mishmash of built curiosities is removed. Historical elements became visible again. The stable, still complete with hay racks and troughs, is used as a living room. The tack room becomes the entrance hall and the coach house the new kitchen. Some oversized high doors reappeared during the demolition. This created a surprising connection between living room and kitchen. In this high dimension, a new staircase of solid oak wood is placed as a modern addition. It has become the centre of the house, and daylight falls from the roof into the new kitchen. A double hood with wooden trusses determines the atmosphere upstairs.
A seating around a wood stove is added as a pleasant lounge. From here the bedrooms and bathrooms are accessible as well.
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Whiteboards Reinvented
- Hi-Rise Condo by Ted Maines Interiors
- Santa Fe Chic by Samuel Design Group
- Apartment in Kiev by DervishGroup
- Kettukallio Cabin by Playa Architects
- Brick House by Clare Cousins Architects