Lake House by Robert Young Architects
Lake-front compound consisting of a 4,500-square-foot main house, an 1800-square-foot three-bedroom guest house, and a barn. Designed by Robert Young Architects, the property is located in Montauk, New York.
Description by Robert Young Architects
Designed to accommodate a growing family and close friends, this lake-front compound includes a 4,500-square-foot main house with 50-foot lap pool, an 1800-square-foot three-bedroom guest house, and a barn. An aggregate of smaller, informal living spaces carefully composed to disguise the bulk of the building and create a variety of views and experiences, each structure centers on a great room open to the northern water views and the southern sun and breezes. The structures combine modern design with the local gabled vernacular of cedar shingles and white-painted wood: large expanses of glass, painted pine board walls, exposed structural trusses, gray-painted pine floors, and driftwood-clad storage elements that subdivide the interiors.
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo
- House Hohlen by Jochen Specht