Fieldstone Guest Cottage by De Meza + Architecture
This contemporary 640 square foot cottage situated in Sonoma, California, was designed by San Francisco – based De Meza + Architecture.
Description by De Meza + Architecture
The Fieldstone Cottage is the culmination of collaboration between DM+A and our clients. Having a contractor as a client is a blessed thing. Here, some dreams come true. Here ideas and materials that couldn’t be incorporated in the much larger house were brought seamlessly together. The 640 square foot cottage stands only 25 feet from the bigger, more costly “Older Brother”, but stands alone in its own right. When our Clients commissioned DM+A for the project the direction was simple; make the cottage appear to be a companion to the main house, but be more frugal in the space and material used. The solution was to have one large living, working and sleeping area with a small, but elegant bathroom. The design imagery was about collision of materials and the form that emits from that collision. The furnishings and decorative lighting are the work of Caterina Spies-Reese of CSR Design.
Products You May Like
- Writer's Shed by Matt Gibson Architecture + Design
- Coastal Pavilions by Liminal Studio
- Vacation House by Paly Architects
- Vivienda Tres Torres by Pablo Peyra
- Cottage by Guy Hollaway Architects
- Empty Nest by Carnemark Design + Build
- Homecoming by Cushman Design Group
- Retreat in Oisterwijk by Ina Matt
- Modern Urban Home by Y Designs
- Efjord Retreat by Stinessen Arkitektur