Vineyards Residence by Swatt | Miers Architects
This modern private residence designed by Swatt | Miers Architects is located in Sonoma County, California, United States.
Description by Swatt | Miers Architects
Located on a gently sloping knoll surrounded by 20 acres of pinot noir vineyards, this new Sonoma County home has been designed to provide casual indoor-outdoor living spaces that take full advantage of the magnificent wine country site. In plan, the house is an elongated ‘T,’ creating a relatively opaque and private entry courtyard on the north side. In contrast, the south side of the house is all glass, including large sliding glass doors that open the interior spaces to an expansive swimming pool terrace overlooking the vineyards below. A deep, floating roof spans over the main house and a glass guest house, creating a sun-protected outdoor kitchen and dining terrace with dramatic pool and vineyard views on two sides.
Photography by Russell Abraham
- Apartment in Foshan by C&C Design Group
- Casa GSL by Leandro Matsuda
- Casa Primera by Octava Arquitectura
- O Cuatro Residence by Migdal Arquitectos
- Private Residence in Yallanbee
- Countryside Lane by BOSS Architecture
- Long Island Residence by Shmuel D Flaum
- The Sanctuary by Bonstra I Haresign Architects
- Villa in Ramat Gan by Dror Barda
- House in Hangzhou by Wanjing Studio