Vineyards Residence by Swatt | Miers Architects
This modern private residence designed by Swatt | Miers Architects is located in Sonoma County, California, United States.
Description by Swatt | Miers Architects
Located on a gently sloping knoll surrounded by 20 acres of pinot noir vineyards, this new Sonoma County home has been designed to provide casual indoor-outdoor living spaces that take full advantage of the magnificent wine country site. In plan, the house is an elongated ‘T,’ creating a relatively opaque and private entry courtyard on the north side. In contrast, the south side of the house is all glass, including large sliding glass doors that open the interior spaces to an expansive swimming pool terrace overlooking the vineyards below. A deep, floating roof spans over the main house and a glass guest house, creating a sun-protected outdoor kitchen and dining terrace with dramatic pool and vineyard views on two sides.
Photography by Russell Abraham
- Healdsburg House by Dotter & Solfjeld Architecture + Design
- Modern House by Mondo Builders
- Apartment in Barcelona by Cometa Architects
- Ponce Davis Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- Coldwater Canyon Residence by Ehrlich Yanai Rhee Chaney Architects
- Elliot Road Home by Klopper and Davis Architects
- Casa Pinto by Insite Architetture
- E2 Apartment by Tchenguelieva Staynov Architects
- Casa N by Cheng Franco Arquitectos
- 3:2 House by MÉTODO