A Touch of Chanel by Daniele Claudio Taddei
Located in Zurich, Switzerland, this industrial residence was redesigned in 2015 by Daniele Claudio Taddei.
Description by Daniele Claudio Taddei
This one of the first lofts in the city dating back to the 80’s… it needed to be brought into this century.
To keep the open feel of the large space the bathroom was replaced in the form of a glass box, which also housed a new laundry and the guest toilet. The floor openings have been covered with glass, to let the light through. The stairs were replaced and the existing wood floor was treated with colored pigments. The kitchen extended with a stainless steel countertop.
The fresh modern and elegant look was achieved by the very puristic, cool and clean play with the colors white, beige, gray and brown. Tension has been created with the contrast of divergent materials, like glass, concrete and cashmere. Color accents were achieved by a few simple elements of furniture.
The black frames around the glazing has been jokingly referred as “a touch of Chanel” in reference to the classic Chanel suits.
Photography by Bruno Helbling
- Boundary Apartment by Wei Yi International
- Industrial Modern by Boswell Construction
- Man's Space by Line Architects
- Villa in Lugano by Attilio Panzeri & Partners
- Armazém Luxury Housing by Pedra Líquida
- Industrial Studio by M+S Studio
- Perf House by Andy Martin Architecture
- Loft in Zurich by Arcs Architekten
- Loft Sixty-Four by Eva Architects
- BJ Apartment by 2B Group