House in Inglewood by Alair Homes Chilliwack
Designed in 2017 by Alair Homes Chilliwack, this traditional single family residence is located in Inglewood, California, United States.
Description by Alair Homes Chilliwack
This was a challenging project for very discerning clients. The home was originally owned by the client’s father, and she inherited it when he passed. Care was taken to preserve the history in the home while upgrading it for the current owners. This home exceeds current energy codes, and all mechanical and electrical systems have been completely replaced. The clients remained in the home for the duration of the reno, so it was completed in two phases. Phase 1 involved gutting the basement, removing all asbestos containing materials (flooring, plaster), and replacing all mechanical and electrical systems, new spray foam insulation, and complete new finishing.
The clients lived upstairs while we did the basement, and in the basement while we did the main floor. They left on a vacation while we did the asbestos work.
Phase 2 involved a rock retaining wall on the rear of the property that required a lengthy approval process including municipal, fisheries, First Nations, and environmental authorities. The home had a new rear covered deck, garage, new roofline, all new interior and exterior finishing, new mechanical and electrical systems, new insulation and drywall. Phase 2 also involved an extensive asbestos abatement to remove Asbestos-containing materials in the flooring, plaster, insulation, and mastics.
Photography by Carsten Arnold
- Barton Hills Residence by Brett Grinkmeyer Architecture
- Private Residence by Duet Design Group
- Cloy Ave Residence by Mayes Office
- Banyan Tree Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- JD2 House by Carney Logan Burke Architects
- Hucker Residence by [STRANG] Architecture
- Bellino Residence by Mayes Office
- House in Encinitas by dasMOD
- Georgian Home by Dublin Design Studio
- House in Scottsdale by IMI Design