Tybee Beach House by Joel Snayd
Located in Tybee Island, Georgia, this two-storey beach house was designed from the ground up by Rethink Design Studio.
Description by Joel Snayd
The first floor living space is wide open allowing for large family gatherings. Old recycled beams were brought into the space to create interest and create natural divisions between the living, dining and kitchen. The crisp white butt joint paneling was offset using the cool gray slate tile below foot. The stairs and cabinets were painted a soft gray, roughly two shades lighter than the floor, and then topped off with a Carerra honed marble. Apple red stools, quirky art, and fun colored bowls add a bit of whimsy and fun.
The second storey of this form-meets-function beach house acts as a sleeping nook and family room, inspired by the concept of a breath of fresh air. Behind the white flowing curtains are built in beds each adorned with a nautical reading light and built-in hideaway niches. The space is light and airy with painted gray floors, all white walls, old rustic beams and headers, wood paneling, tongue and groove ceilings, dormers, vintage rattan furniture, mid-century painted pieces, and a cool hangout spot for the kids.
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo
- House Hohlen by Jochen Specht