Rustic Residence by On Site Management
Beautiful 6,000 square-foot ski-in ski-out property designed by On Site Management situated in Big Sky, Montana.
Description by On Site Management
A rugged ski chalet, adorned with bear skin rugs and antler chandeliers, was not what Rustic Redux’s owners envisioned when they built their family’s Big Sky ski-in ski-out property. Instead, their authentic 6,000 square-foot structure graces the western mountain landscape with sophistication and contemporary style.
Weather-withstanding barns, typical to the local environment, inspired the chalet’s construction. These textured timbers pair elegantly with clean fixtures like the polished steel and glass staircase, a regional quarried stone fireplace, and a smooth oak family dining room table. The neutral tones of these materials allow Montana’s blue sky and green trees to filter through wooden window frames and reflect off of silk and velvet textiles.
The timber and stone home, sturdy enough for a family of skiers, meets luxury. This chalet remains true to the region and lifestyle of Big Sky without competing with the area’s natural beauty.
- Cone House by Trigueiros Architecture
- Trend Summer House by Skanlux
- Maison Alios by Guillaume Cosculluela
- V-Lodge by Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter
- Refugi Lieptgas by Georg Nickisch and Selina Walder
- Compact House by Dekleva Gregoric Arhitekti
- Hunting Lodge by R. Goodwin
- White House by In2
- La Peche Cottage by Kariouk & Associates
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co