Melkbos House by SAOTA
This family home, created by SAOTA – Stefan Antoni Olmesdahl Truen Architects is located approximately 30km from Cape Town along the idyllic but also extremely harsh West Coast.
Description by SAOTA
The form and siting of the house is strongly orientated around views. On entering the house, the focus turns completely to the sea facing side of the home, which opens up and embraces the landscape of the West Coast.
The road facing screen wall which mirrors the roughness of the landscape, is separated from the refined and highly detailed living spaces by a skylight which runs the full length of the house. From this screening element, the house is organized in a linear manner with all rooms facing magnificent sea views. The interior is minimalistic and completely functional. Floor to ceiling cavity sliding glazing allow the living areas to open up to the landscape.
Light and spacious indoor / outdoor living areas make this home perfect for those who wish to escape the City life. The house has almost taken on the personality of its surroundings and allows one to engage with the exquisitely beautiful rough and weather-beaten Coast.
Products You May Like
- Modern Urban Home by Y Designs
- JI-House by Craft
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Laucala Island Resort in Fiji
- White House by In2